- consolidate various ttcs services (wiki, blog, website, mailing lists, facebook\events) into one or two services. Intention is to implement social network. Two sites to be tested.
- implement focus groups
- focus on IT in education - why some schools don't use computers even with computer labs. A look at educational syllabus. Need to liase with Ministry of Education. This could be done in conjunction with
- .edu.tt - to promote/educate schools to use .edu.tt domains and to provide technical assistance with the features/capabilities of .edu.tt web hosting. This will involve discussing with TTNIC precise requirements include budget for scope of proposed works.
- contact MS to offer a tour of Windows 7
- podcasts - increase frequency of podcasts but shorter. aim for monthly podcasts
first recording on Wednesday January 28th, 2009
TTCS pizzalimes/podcast recordings
Wednesday January 28th 2009 - podcast
To be held at 1PM on January 17th, 2009 at Engineering Consultants. Please submit ideas/contributions/suggestions beforehand so that we have these before that day and can even discuss them online!
See AboutTTCS for an overview of what the TTCS does
Please review the HelpTTCS page if you want to help TTCS but don't know how.....
A how to manage software updates - keeping software up to date on PCs on a network (be it home or work). But there is a need to do so - newer versions of software offer more end-user benefits in improved functionality to you and your organisation ; eliminate discovered vulnerabilities in existing and older versions of the software. Ensuring everyone is running the same version of the software reduces compability problems in working with your data.
This meeting will be a look at methods for software maintenence with demonstrations.
Microsoft's successor to Windows Vista is available as a beta download. We'll take a look at what's new and perform an install.
To be held at Hand Arnold. A look at Wii Fit, a look at homebrew applications.
How can we use computing sustainably? This meeting will discuss ways that we can reduce our carbon footprint in the data centre straight to the desktop.
Taking a theme from "green computing", how can/should we recycle/dispose/reuse old computer/electronic equipment? SWMCOL and another local company could help present
Meeting should discuss the 802.11n draft and the effect that it will have on the network connectivity in the enterprise. What are the advantages and disadvantages and whether it is the way to move forward.
Parents and guardians will want to protect their children from accessing content on the internet not appropriate for them.
Due to less-than-optimal security configuration and/or unsavvy computer users, many Windows PCs are infected with malware. This causes a variety of problems affecting performance to the monitoring and theft of data from your computing activities. We'll take a look at how to rid such infestions on Windows PCs (without neediing to remove Windows altogether).
Software Freedom Day is September 19th, 2009 (I think). We should begin planning for this event NOW rather than late July like last year.
See the ttcs groups page for details
- Tobago meeting on a Saturday, bring all the tech gear we can bring (Kindle, OSSWIN CDs, Nintendo Wii whiteboard demo)
Questions to resolve : where to meet in Tobago? When? Should it be when there is a long weekend or just go for a regular weekend?
e.g. intro to computing and computing careers seminars in schools and /or computing and you in the community, interaction with other NGOs.
Include a schedule of podcasts for every two months.
This has worked well in the past for Software Freedom Day 2008 planning.
Where else could be meet and eat on a weekday and be able to chat about computer related issues?
Currently, ttcsweb.org is still a static site, a CMS that allows TTCS members to participate and update the site should be done.
Proposed TTCS sitemap : http://ttcsweb.pbwiki.com/proposed-TTCS-sitemap